Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where to buy Stepper wiring harnesses?

Posted by AZ_Ron 
Where to buy Stepper wiring harnesses?
August 04, 2015 02:01AM
Hey all... I'm in the slow process of putting together a Kossel printer, 800x360, and the wiring harnesses that I have are #1, too short, and #2,
don't have proper connectors on them. Is there an online site that sell harnesses with the Stepper 6-wire connector on one end, and the standard 4-wire to plug into the RAMPS board on the other, in a variety of lengths?
My only other thought was to buy the crimping tool, and some 4-wire cable and the connectors and pins to make my own. I'd prefer the lazy way if the pricing is reasonable, but otherwise, I can order what I need to make them from Amazon. I searched for quite a while the other day and came up empty handed, so any help you can offer would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Ron
Re: Where to buy Stepper wiring harnesses?
August 04, 2015 02:28AM
I used these [robotdigg.com] in my last build. Bear in mind that different manufacturers use different coil pinouts on the 6-pin connector (but thankfully, the same 4 pins). So with some motors (e.g. 17HS series), you need to swap over a couple of wires to get it to work properly when you plug it in to standard electronics; but not with other motors (e.g. JK42 series). Fortunately, it's easy to swap pins over at the end with the Dupont connector.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Where to buy Stepper wiring harnesses?
August 10, 2015 04:32PM
I wound up buying the crimping tool and pins to make my own, so I can make them to my own custom length.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login