Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

firmware disaster

Posted by ilaz 
firmware disaster
August 24, 2015 05:50PM
Recently tried reuploading firmware onto my arduino, since I had to modify it to accommodate an additional fan port..... [www.geeetech.com]

Before adding the extender and reuploading the firmware, everything worked fine. Now, when I try to upload, it gives me the following error:

Binary sketch size: 53,108 bytes (of a 258,048 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

It compiles fine, but then will not upload or something. I am new to this so any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Re: firmware disaster
August 24, 2015 11:08PM
Are u really using an stk500 to program the arduino... I doubt it. Looms like some setting is amiss telling avrdude that youre using stk500. that is a development board for avr devices by atmel. Yes you could use stk5p0 to program an arduino but not sure why you would...
August 26, 2015 01:36AM
Do you have any printer host software running? I also wasn't able to upload to my board, before realizing that my printer was still connected to Repetier Host.
August 26, 2015 02:09AM
The Arduino IDE isn't connecting. That's what the error message means. Could be something as easy as you have another port connected to the board or not having the right port selected in the Arduino IDE selected. Worst case something has happened and the Arduino has failed.

Quit any apps that may be using that port, like your printer host software, make sure the Arduino IDE has the right port displayed and available and try again.

Dave
Roaddog Labs Ltd
Las Vegas USA
roaddoglabs.io
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login