Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two prong endstop, instead of 3?

Posted by usslindstrom 
Two prong endstop, instead of 3?
October 11, 2015 08:48PM
3d printer experts,

I've got an auto level probe, that I'd like to change the switch. It's using a standard no/nc/common three pin lever switch.

I'd like to change this out, too a sweet one pressure one that only has two contacts. One that just makes the circuit when depressed.

Unfortunately, all diagrams in dealing with the ramps board, all show the three pin connection, so I'm not sure if it's possible. Sorry for the basic question, I really did scour the innerwebs to find an answer, but kept coming up blank.

If it's possible, which pins need it? Just + and -?

Thanks.
Re: Two prong endstop, instead of 3?
October 11, 2015 09:46PM
You use Signal and - or Signal or + depending on what it needs.

Any sort of switch over + and - is bad, and tends to destroy the voltage regulator on the mega

If it is just a switch, use S and - and enable the pullup for that 'endstop' in firmware

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2015 09:49PM by Dust.
October 13, 2015 10:31AM
Thanks for the info.

If possible, I need a nudge. I've attached a pic with two options. I really like the LED that the standard endstop gives you, so if possible, I'd like to melt those wires together using the new button.

If this isn't an option, then would the pinouts I have identified on the RAMPS board be correct?

Thanks for the assistance. smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - RampsEndStop.png (343.8 KB)
October 13, 2015 11:11PM
Disregard. I did some exploration testing - and your suggestions got me to where I needed to go. smiling smiley

Thanks!

It's nice having a pressure button instead of the tiny target of a lever button after removing the metal piece.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login