Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Glcd problem

Posted by TheKnightFerrin 
Glcd problem
November 01, 2015 09:37PM
Hi all, I'm new to 3D printers, and am currently trying to set up a I3v with Rambo board, and Glcd.
First off I've been building this printer slowly for quite awhile now (it's a kit I ordered from makerfarm) and last night I finally got to the point where I flashed the firmware,
everything appeared fine at first the lcd screen was on and showing the main overview, however when I press on the rotary encoder the button the screen does a quick flash, and I can see the menu for a few milliseconds before it goes back to the overview also everytime I hit the button the buzzer chirps. After a few hundred times I did get it to go to the menu and was able to scroll through the settings but it quickly flashed back to the overview screen without me hitting the button.

Basically I cannot get to the settings menu and was wondering if there is any adjustments in the arduino sketch that might fix this, or if you guys think it's something else. All I know is it responds to the button and the scroll, I just can't get into the menu.
I'm thinking the problem is with the Rotary encoder switch either hardware or software I don't know I'm hoping someone has some advice on the matter.
Re: Glcd problem
November 09, 2015 01:53AM
Quick update I un-mounted my Graphical lcd and using a multimeter checked continuity on the two pins for the button portion of the rotary encoder, no continuity static, and continuity when pressed.
This leads me to believe that the problem is most likely a setting in the sketch, so I would again appeal to those that know, if you could tell me where to find these settings in the arduino config files that would be super helpful, I have tried looking through it but to no avail.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2015 03:54AM by TheKnightFerrin.
Re: Rambo Glcd problem (Solved)
November 10, 2015 03:35AM
Final update = Problem solved.
I found out two things:
1: You need to put a special config file for Rambo into Arduino/hardware directory, or else the lcd won't function properly (Strange because it did function just not 100%)
2: The special config file did not work with the latest Arduino so I reverted back to a legacy version that was documented to work with the config (v1.0.5.)

Link to file Rambo Arduino flashing config Once placed in the correct directory you need to select Rambo from the Arduino devices list, and then the correct com port.
Also don't get this confused with U8glib, you still need to do that to.

I'm only updating this to hopefully help someone else, who in the future may encounter this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2015 03:37AM by TheKnightFerrin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login