Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

steps?

Posted by munchit1 
steps?
November 21, 2015 03:03AM
is it posable to enter a comand 'in steps'?

something like, instead of a G1 X100 place a move 100steps in 1/16 or what ever, would seriously simple up calibrating.
Re: steps?
November 21, 2015 07:08AM
Not in marlin firmware as far as I know. Not sure how it improves calibration though. If you know the steps per mm you can calculate the distance 100 steps does. It's recommended to start with calculated number of steps and adjust motor current and mechanical stuff first before adjusting steps per mm. I had a lot of trouble getting the z steps per mm right, a lot of mechanical problems had to be solved before I got consistent results. It got worse with auto bed lwveling grid as any errors in z axis skipping steps multiplies with each layer.
The only thing that threw off the number of steps in the end was the threaded rods.

--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

NFAN CoreXY printer:
[reprap.org]
November 21, 2015 10:32AM
over distance any anomalies maximise or apear..the math would very straight forward too.. i.e. 10000 steps = 51mm straight division. if yu go for gold make caliper measurement points on your axis and a short program line..three measurements later yu dun.

was just a thought

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2015 10:34AM by munchit1.
VDX
November 21, 2015 04:22PM
... or set the "steps per mm" to 1 -- then "G92 X" followed by "G1 X100" will output 100 steps ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 21, 2015 04:51PM
Good piece of lateral thinking!

--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

NFAN CoreXY printer:
[reprap.org]
November 23, 2015 10:37AM
hi every one, I have the new 2015 reprap prusa i3 ,but I have changed the bed size .so I have to recalibrate everything it has taken me 4 week's to get where I am they do state that it has a replicator LCD screen the only one that I can get to work is the rerap_discount_smart_controller but it does not give out the Same info ,as the original screen how do I get back the original screen" also I have 20 tpi pulley for the xy belts z axes is screw thread look's like a 5 start thread ,and a brass direct drive for the extruder ,can anyone help with all above settings please
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login