Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder Wade from i3 to reprap

Posted by JedzieMiZmordy 
Extruder Wade from i3 to reprap
February 03, 2016 09:46AM
Hello,

Accidentaly I bought extruder wade for i3 prius instead of normal one.

Bought:
[a.allegroimg.pl]
[a.allegroimg.pl]

Instead of:
[img14.allegroimg.pl]
[img14.allegroimg.pl]

Questions:
1) Is there a big difference If I want to use it as a bowden?
2) Extruder have unipolar motor KH42JMB182C instead of bipolar, how to connect it to RAMPS? [www.nidec-servo.com]
3) Where I should put a bowden teflon tube?

Thank you for your help! Hope I could help anyone in the future!
Re: Extruder Wade from i3 to reprap
February 03, 2016 02:00PM
According to the diagram at the bottom of the website, looks like if you detach two wires, then it can be driven as bipolar

As for the extruder, I'm not sure what you are trying to mount it to, from the looks I guess your x axis must have two smooth rods side by side instead of stacked vertically, if that's the case then your bowden would have to go 90 degrees might cause kinks in the fillament
February 03, 2016 05:40PM
DaGameFace
According to the diagram at the bottom of the website, looks like if you detach two wires, then it can be driven as bipolar

As for the extruder, I'm not sure what you are trying to mount it to, from the looks I guess your x axis must have two smooth rods side by side instead of stacked vertically, if that's the case then your bowden would have to go 90 degrees might cause kinks in the fillament

1) That's correct, It can be used as bipolar.

2) My question was how to configure this extruder to make it bowden type.

I need another one [mikroprint.pl] and stick to first hole by glue and connect to red tube coming out from hotend?
February 03, 2016 10:38PM
You need something like this plus a hotend mount a Bowden Tube and (2) Bowden tube Couplings. I converted mine but had to much trouble trying to get it to perform so I went back to direct drive.
[www.thingiverse.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login