Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3d printer of z axis bed movement..and x y axis extruder movement.

Posted by muhammad zubair 
3d printer of z axis bed movement..and x y axis extruder movement.
February 28, 2016 03:09AM
i want to know what is the best 3d printer of z axis movement bed and x y axis extruder movement....and whose build manual and assembly procedure is availible.can anyone guide me...??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2016 09:52AM by muhammad zubair.
Re: 3d printer of z axis bed movement..and x y axis extruder movement.
February 28, 2016 03:40PM
Hi Muhammad, welcome to the forum smiling smiley

It's very difficult to choose a 'best' printer as there are so many different interpretations of what makes one printer 'better' than another. There aren't a lot of reprap printers that use the setup you describe (you can see an overview of most of the types at this link: [reprap.org] ). One that comes to mind is the smartrapcore

[smartfriendz.com]

[www.thingiverse.com]

I haven't tried it,but maybe if you post a message asking for feedback for that specific model someone will reply.

Most of the coreXY designs use a bed that moves in Z, so perhaps you could ask in that forum for general feedback on designs ( [forums.reprap.org] )
Re: 3d printer of z axis bed movement..and x y axis extruder movement.
February 29, 2016 01:29PM
Hi I've got three printers covering the main designs/kinematic schemes. An I3 (cartesian), a smartrapcore alu (corexy) and a Kossel Mini (Delta).

Of these they all have the pros and cons but my fall back printer is the delta, once you've got one working really they're great. The motors are stationary, the print bed is stationary, this offers all sort of advantages, with the addition of a flying extruder you have done away with the long bowden tube but retained the lightweight print head for fast movements (if you want to print fast).

The smartrapcore (or core alu) is a very capable printer and the kit is easy to build. Like all 3d printer kits there are things you'll want to change but the basic machine builds easily, works and prints reasonable well. I've a longish thread going in the smartrap section covering the build, and the things that me and Altheimer who also got one around the same time have changed to improve on the printing experience and results.

I like the kinematics of corexy, it seems fairly effortless, not quite as effortless as the delta but the corexy is more robust and much easier to setup. The corexy looks easier to enclose than the i3 but I am not entirely sure it is. Sure it has flat sides but the top requires space for the cabling to the print head and that is going to be an odd shape to enclose in polycarbonate or whatever.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login