Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Playing around with Autodesk Inventor 2013

Posted by MotoBarsteward 
Playing around with Autodesk Inventor 2013
August 01, 2012 04:24PM
I have a 16 year old son who is a school pupil. This has allowed me to download Audodesk Inventor 2013 for free. Strictly for his use only, of course.

'He' notices that you can print to stl directly. Anyone got any experience of using Inventor? what 3D print settings work well for you?

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
Re: Playing around with Autodesk Inventor 2013
August 01, 2012 05:57PM
i use inventor 2013 and have designed a couple of parts

you just EXPORT (fixed was save before)

cad format

set file type to STL

in the option settings make sure you have it set to mm (if you design in mm)

then when you export just use netfabb to rotate so its correct for 3D printing .

also you can use it to make sure your measurements have exported correctly.

have fun i learnt inventor basics in around a couple of weeks its a great program if you are used to 2D design theory

i still need to leard how to do threads though lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2012 03:12PM by Enlightx.
Re: Playing around with Autodesk Inventor 2013
August 01, 2012 06:27PM
i have no connection to sdc publications , but i recommend their books for learning any cad package. i just bought the one for 2013 and it is of high quality. i used one of their books for learning wildfire pro engineer for a class. the book works on a project, teaches you in tutorials how to make it and why. by the end, you have a pretty good idea of how to use the program efficiently.

Morrist
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login