Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ANET A8 firmware.

Posted by zenerdyod 
ANET A8 firmware.
March 27, 2016 04:38AM
Hi i brought an anet a8 machine. I want to run it on RAMPS 1.4. I don't know which thermistor is used. Please suggest me a pre configured firmware to download and install. I need it urgently. Its for my final year project
Re: ANET A8 firmware.
March 27, 2016 02:07PM
To be honest preconfigured firmware is at best only average and that assumes it was properly configured in the first place and the machine you're using is exactly to the spec it was configured for. You can download marlin and go through the settings they're not that complicated. A large number can be left unchanged. Repetier firmware is meant to be easier to configure. The knowledge you gain doing this is useful.

Most commonly available thermistors are tables 1 or 5 in marlin, but you'll have to try a few different settings and see which is closest. I got a $2 meat thermometer off eBay and checked the temperature at the heater block with readings at various set points eg. room temp, 50 deg C, 100 degC, 185 deg C and 230 degC. If they're all reasonably close say +/- 3 deg C then that's your thermistor. If you are pushed for time buy a known thermistor and install it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2016 02:09PM by DjDemonD.
March 28, 2016 01:09AM
Sir,
I tried configuring my Heat bed and extruder do not heatup.Y axis motors are vibrating.others are not responding.
March 28, 2016 03:30AM
Okay you are going to need to learn a lot about 3d printers or get someone who really understands them to help you set it up. If time is short I'd go with the second option. Or use a printing service and get someone else to print the objects you need.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login