Advanced

I have problem please help me smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by KatzeLeo 
I have problem please help me smiling bouncing smiley
April 05, 2016 12:12PM
Hi Reprap community

I lately bought the Reprap Prusa Mendel 3DP01 from Open heacent on dealextreme:
[www.dx.com]

I built everything together and pluged it in. The blue LED on the Melzi Ardentissimo 2.0 (mix between version 1 and 2) lights up and the fan spins.
But I can not connect to the Printer over Repetierhost. Do I have to do it differently?
I also wonder if I have to upload a bootloader or the sprinter firmware.How can I check if those are already installed?

Thank you for your replies

KatzeLeo
Re: I have problem please help me smiling bouncing smiley
April 06, 2016 12:59AM
In Repetier "Printer Settings" check to see if the "Baud Rate" is set to 115200.

April 07, 2016 03:05PM
Firstly I wanna say thankx you for your suggestion. I had already tried but my machine is still die. I think my problem is programming mistake but I couldn't fix it.
April 07, 2016 04:19PM
Do you have the correct COM port listed for the printer? Should be listed under device manager (?) on Windows.

Have you installed the Arduino IDE? You might be missing drivers for the board.
April 10, 2016 09:16AM
That's exactly my problem. There is no COM Port listed from the printer. Usually, when I connect my Arduino UNO the Port /dev/tty.usbmodemfd121 and /dev/cu.usbmodemfd121 show up. Those Ports work well.
I installed the driver mentioned on the page reprappro medel commissioning. Its called FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_3-2 and it fits my operating system (I'm using OSX 10.10.5 on a MacBookPro Late 2011).

I could upload a Bootloader to the Melzi Board over the arduino UNO, but now the blue LED doesn't light up anymore.
I also followed all the instructions on how to upload the firmware (Marlin) with the Sanguino folder and the reset jumper.
I think my problem is that the Arduino IDE can't connect to the Melzi board. I followed all intsructions mentioned on the reprap wiki about the melzi on how to upload a firmware.

On mac the device manager is called System Information and it shows following when I plug in the 3d printer:

vendor ID: 0x0403 (Future Technology Devices International Limited)
Version: 6.00
Serial Number: A9MXHRRJ
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0xfa130000/7
Curretn Available: 500 mA
Current Required: 90 mA

Thank you very much for your help
April 10, 2016 11:22AM
Hi I could fix the problem with my driver by switching to a Windows computer. I could successfully connect to the printer and control it with Pronterface.
But now the LED on the Melzi is constantly blinking. Is that normal for the Merlin firmware or what could be the problem?

Thank you for your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login