Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

prusa flatline

Posted by swicboi 
prusa flatline
April 11, 2016 06:23PM
hi...so i built and designed a prusa i3 printer with a ramps 1.4/arduino mega setup. everything was working fine till something went screwy in printer it started skipping in the x axis...with each successive layer moving to thre right 1 layer width or so.
so I started trying to trouble shoot that problem when instead the printer would do the first couple lyers ok and then just doing rectangles moving to the right progressively as each layer built.

so i thought it was an electronics probem and i replaced the ramps board but i accidentally put the z stepper driver on backwards and got the dreaded blue smoke. after that nothing would work.

so ive again replaced both the ramps, arduino, and power supply and now in pronterface my printer will connect just fine...but nothing seems to have any power....the printer wont move, the fan on my hotend which i have hardwired to the power supply wont even turn on..i have the supply set to 110 so the voltage is set correct. Does anyone have any ideas on what i can try? Im at a loss>>>>>
Re: prusa flatline
April 11, 2016 06:41PM
Did you flash the firmware onto the Arduino board?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Re: prusa flatline
April 11, 2016 08:09PM
Yes...i did...but im having issues recogn8zing if it was the default firmware..or the custom set
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login