Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Building my own Wilson II

Posted by Zegolf 
Building my own Wilson II
April 18, 2016 02:51AM
Hi, I am currently trying to source parts to build my own Wilson II. I want to learn more about building my own printer, and how to get good quality prints from a DIY 3D printer. However, I am having some trouble with prices (so far I have exceeded the price that I would pay for a kit). Can anyone recommend places to source parts from? I've tried Misumi for my aluminum extrusion and linear shafts. For things such as those I would prefer to stick to places where I can specify what length I want (can't really do much machining with the tools in my garage). Also, I am having trouble trying to find the MDF board, Heat bed PCB (200x300mm MK1), and Glass bed (need them to fit a print volume of 300x200x200mm). Additionally, I figured I could make the printer stronger if I didn't attach the filament spool on top but rather had a separate stand off to the side.
Re: Building my own Wilson II
April 18, 2016 04:48AM
Many of those questions are quite particular (where to buy MDF ...usually the local hardware store would cut that for you for a fee).
Check this one: [community.reprapwilson3d.com].
Aliexpress shops are selling different parts for Wilson maybe you can source from there the parts you are missing... you can't get cheaper than that.

Good luck with your build and I hope Wilson owners roaming this forum will chime in. It's good to have some warm answers as a new forum member so welcome smiling smiley.

RepRap Lander concept on Concept Forge
RepRap Lander concept on RepRap Forums
My Things, mostly experimental stuff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login