Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Ltd online store - Are they legit?

Posted by ByteSlinger 
RepRap Ltd online store - Are they legit?
May 12, 2016 03:52AM
Just found this site looking for spare Fisher parts and I'm surprised that this is the first time I've seen this site. Does anyone know if they are legit?

[reprapltd.com]
Re: RepRap Ltd online store - Are they legit?
May 12, 2016 03:55AM
Well done, you found the founder of reprap winking smiley

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
May 12, 2016 04:42AM
Well that's what I thought looking at the site, but I just couldn't believe that this is the first time I've found this store as I've spent ages looking for parts online before and even asked on here and never found or been forwarded to that website.
Is the store section new or something?
VDX
May 12, 2016 04:51AM
... look here - [reprapltd.com]

Adrian started with RepRapLtd in 2009 with selling 3D-printer kits, but changed this in the beginning of 2016 -- so stopped with the kits and refocussed on development and selling spare parts, like seen in the actual shop ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 12, 2016 07:48AM
If you read the about page of the site, [reprapltd.com] it shows a photo of sally, she was a director of RepRap Pro Ltd which was closed before Christmas 2015

The RepRap Pro website is also still up hosting the documentation for their machines. Also has links to other sites for parts.

Supporting 3D Printers with Parts and Build services.
Printer: Ormerod 2 (528.4) Duel extruder set-up with Aluminium X-Rib, RRPro Firmware v1.11-ch (2016-04-08)
PRZ
May 12, 2016 08:52AM
Have a look to this post : [forums.reprap.org]
where Adrian Bowyer explains that the stock remaining after RepRapPro closure will be split between the parents companies, RepRap Ltd being one of the parent company, the other being emaker.

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]
May 16, 2016 09:58AM
Yep, We're legit :-)

RepRap Ltd was one of the parent companies (along with eMAKER Ltd) of RepRapPro Ltd. Pre RepRapPro, RepRap Ltd sold sets of printed parts for Mendels and Huxleys along with a few Mendel kits whilst working on small research and development projects. During the time RepRapPro was actively selling, RepRap Ltd directed all sales and enquiries through RepRapPro.

We have now revamped the RepRap Ltd website and included our own webshop selling spare parts.

Best wishes
Sally

Sally Bowyer
reprapltd.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login