Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z Axis movement problem…

Posted by Joubidou99 
Z Axis movement problem…
May 17, 2016 03:02PM
Hello out there:
I just got this new BCN3D+ 3D printer. It works fine and I already made the best objects I could imagine. Apart from that I do have I slightly annoying problem.

When I start a print, it starts doing the first layer but each time it moves up a layer, the Z Axis seems to move just not enough to compensate the filament. After the third layer, you can see from the picture, the nozzle rips the object from the base. When examining the print I managed to see the nozzle below the surface it is supposed to print.
It would make me waste a ton less material if I could manage to fix that problem.
Thank you in advance.
smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2016 03:04PM by Joubidou99.
Attachments:
open | download - Photo on 5-17-16 at 8.54 PM.jpg (183.4 KB)
Re: Z Axis movement problem…
May 17, 2016 03:09PM
Hello again. By looking at a other person's post, the problem might be that my Z Axis is under powered. It seems to be my problem but how can I solve this problem? Thanks againconfused smiley
May 17, 2016 03:47PM
This could be a couple different things. You may be extruding too much plastic but your layer height isn't high enough. I suggest you run your hardware specs through this calculator and try and see if that matches your settings.

lead screw specs
[prusaprinters.org]

layer height
[prusaprinters.org]
May 17, 2016 03:49PM
Also, I looked up your printer. Looks like you run on a RAMPS board, so check your stepper drives and make sure the right amount of current is being sent to your stepper motors smiling smiley
May 17, 2016 03:50PM
Thank you very much for answering.
I went back to the user manual and it talked about the polulu. Lets hop it will help. hot smiley
May 17, 2016 03:51PM
Thanks so much I think it is fixed: spinning smiley sticking its tongue outhot smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue outhot smileysmiling bouncing smileythumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login