Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Simplify3d first print what do I do wrong

Posted by Stig 
Simplify3d first print what do I do wrong
June 08, 2016 03:43PM
Hi Guys

I am new in this 3d printing world. I have just got the simplify3d program. Very nice program to use I think. But can any of you explain me why the printer make a big ball of PLA right before it want to start printing, ??
First the bot start to make this PLA ball, second it goes back through the ball, and then forward to start the print. But the problem is, because of this it will not print. All the filament just building up on the nozzle
and make another PLA ball on the nozzle.

Can you tell me whats wrong, or have I forgotten to do something ??

I have a Flashforge creator pro upgrade 2016 machine. I have used the software I got together with the printer. I tried the slic3r (worked well) and now I want to use simplify3d

Hope you can explaine me something about this. so I can be lucky to get some good prints with this program as well.

Greetings

Stig
Re: Simplify3d first print what do I do wrong
June 08, 2016 06:41PM
All that is in your start gcode, the ball is just a purge of the nozzle so you can delete it from the gcode, you can use a squirt instead. If the ball goes with the nozzle it means that your nozzle/bed calibration is still a bit to big and need adjustmet.
June 09, 2016 03:32PM
Ok thanks. I can see when I make the print then it is very difficult for the PLA to stick on the plate. it is like the PLA stick on the nozzle, wich do that i make a kind of bird nest if you know what I mean.

for PLA

is it wrong speed I have it on 60 mm/s

the bed is 60 deg.

the nozzle is 200 deg.

for ABS

Speed 60 mm/s
Bed 115 deg.
Nozzle 230 deg.

I am still looking forward to my first print with Simplify3d :-)

Stig
June 09, 2016 06:06PM
Back to basics

What is covering your build plate, ie surface.

If you still have kapton tape as often used on ffcp machines then the PLA will not stick.

If you have been successfully printing Abs I would get that working with s3d and ffcp then make the switch.

S3d is an amazing program and I personally use nothing else
June 09, 2016 08:00PM
Try printing slower. I usually print at 10-20% of my printing speed for the first layer, and also hotter by 10-15% for the first layer for PLA. but like others have said, you need to walk (or maybe crawl) before you run. Only change one setting at a time. Many factors affect the first layer adhesion such as nozzle distance, bed levelling, heat, surface treatment of the bed, speed etc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login