Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Box of bits. What to make?

Posted by audiobull 
Box of bits. What to make?
September 04, 2016 03:14AM
Ok so I have accumulated a few bits and bobs over the past few months. I have a prusa MK2 but I also have a list of bits sat here and wanted to make something with it all.

I am a newbie sort of to 3d printing. In others I built the printer from a ready made kit rather then from bits and bobs.

I have in the bits box.

MK2B heat bed.
E3d Lite6
3x end stops
3x sx17-1003lqef motors
2x sx17-1005qcef motors
3x other ldo steppers
2x other ldo steppers with leadscrews built in
loads of nuts and bolts
2x 30mmx30mmx10mm fans
RAMPS 1.4 Kit
Mega 2560 R3
5x A4988
LCD 2004 Display

It would be good to do something with what I have for as cheap as possible or more to the point of being as easy as possible. I am pretty useless at programming etc unless there is a dummys guide.

Any suggestions would be great or a point in the right direction would be appreciated.
Re: Box of bits. What to make?
September 04, 2016 03:17AM
Ill also add a few Pi zeros' and some random PI sensors to the list but not sure how they would help build anything.
September 04, 2016 08:16AM
Learning experiment? You have enough kit there to make a new type of machine, using mostly printed parts. Perhaps the quality will be bad, but who cares? You have a working printer already

Scara 3D printer?
Fully printed delta? Can be nearly completed printed, except for some bearings / linear rods / belt
Eggbot?
motorised etch a sketch?
Spirograph XY plotter?
Automated rubber band gattling gun?

These could all be run off a raspberry pi or ramps 1.4 set up. You may need to learn some basic electronics skills on the way, but the internet will have guides on how to set all this up away from the safe confines of pre-written firmware
September 04, 2016 12:46PM
Automated rubber band gattling gun?............... now were talking. he he

Could I almost make another MK2 prusa minus the Rambo board using the Ramps instead? if I get the frame and rod kit? What would I do regarding the software? I ask as I actually have a complete set of printed parts for a MK2 incase something breaks. I should have added that to the box of bits really.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login