Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is the Go-To website for 3D designs these days?

Posted by David J 
What is the Go-To website for 3D designs these days?
November 30, 2016 09:46AM
I am a big Thingiverse user and have several designs on there, but I've noticed that it doesn't seem to be "the place to go to" any more. I know that they were accused of stealing/appropriating designs a while ago, but they seemed to have addressed that issue - but the number and quality of new designs seems to have tapered off lately.

I have looked at YouMagine, but disliked the user interface and the fact that many of the designs are Ultimaker-oriented (not entirely unexpected, as they host that site). I've also looked at Pinshape, but - meh - can't get enthusiastic. I've also looked at Cults, Yobi3D and yeggi, but the last two are just engines for searching for designs on other sites.

So - where do people go these days to find/upload new designs?
Re: What is the Go-To website for 3D designs these days?
November 30, 2016 12:03PM
I still tend to look on Thingiverse first. I also have a couple of designs on Thingiverse, Pinshape and Youmagine, and seem to get about an order of magnitude more activity on Thingiverse than on the other sites.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2016 12:03PM by JamesK.
November 30, 2016 01:27PM
Thingiverse for me also if im looking for something to play with.
I normally design a bunch of things that I never upload though.
December 02, 2016 09:53AM
I thought Thingiverse, despite its ownership, was still the place to go.

Everything I have seen on Youmagine is usually cross posted with Thingiverse, so I rarely have reason to visit considering Thingiverse seems to have more alternatives in addtion to the cross-postings. Tried using Pinshape, but I really don't care for the UI or the fact that I have to log in to download anything.
December 02, 2016 05:35PM
I agree - Thingiverse just works for me - nothing more to say, really.

It's just that a while ago some really radical designs were appearing regularly, but lately it's been quiet. Maybe it's just a quiet phase...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login