Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

y-axis-endplate broken

Posted by santy777 
y-axis-endplate broken
January 05, 2017 05:41AM
Hi guys, I nedd your help! I unfortunally have broken my y-axis-endplate, but I haven't found any stl in order to replace it! Can someone send me the project? thks
In the photo the thing I need is the black support

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2017 05:47AM by santy777.
Re: y-axis-endplate broken
January 05, 2017 08:18AM
what printer is that for ?
January 05, 2017 12:25PM
This is a perfect opportunity to learn Openscad and create a STL for the part you need
January 06, 2017 06:54PM
the printer is a reprap pro Ormerod 1, this one in the image

If I was able to draw on openscad, yes I'll create my printer's broken tool yet...but I'm not able, and I hope to find someone who has the project

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2017 06:55PM by santy777.
January 06, 2017 07:11PM
Now that you have a 3D printer, you're going to get tired of printing Yoda heads and tugboats and will want to be able to print your own designs. To that end you will need a good quality metric ruler ($1 at any office/school supply store), a metric caliper ($10 at Harbor Freight Tools), and some decent, easy to learn CAD software. Try DesignSpark Mechanical. It's free, easy to learn and use, and powerful enough for 99.9% of what you'll want/need to do. It produces high quality STL files that don't have to be repaired before you print them.

The part you want to print will take all of 5 minutes to model if you have proper measuring tools.

Open SCAD is great for programming weenies, not normal people who need to model something with minimal hassle.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
January 06, 2017 08:38PM
I'd say try Fusion 360. It's free and will do 99.99% of what you want.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
January 07, 2017 01:04PM
thanks very much,I'll try...but I haven't the measure of the thing I nee, because the 3d printer isn't at home...someone has the measure of the thing at least?
January 07, 2017 01:24PM
Fusion 360 is about as suitable for beginners as Open SCAD. It is a professional package with a professional learning curve. Yes, it's great and does a lot more than DSM, but it will take a lot of time and effort to learn how to use it.

To the OP- avoid SketchUp like the plague. It is a great tool for architectural design and does a lot of things well, and is easy to learn, but it is not suitable for designing 3D printed parts. Your first clue is that it requires an added plug-in to support STL file export. Your next clue is that there are several programs and web sites that will repair the SketchUp produced STL files so you can actually print them. There are many staunch defenders of SketchUp for 3D printing but they are dead wrong. They are biased by the time and effort they have invested in learning to use SketchUp and all the work-arounds required to do simple (in real CAD programs) tasks like filleting edges and getting printable STL files. DSM has a similar user interface and learning curve as SketchUp but actually produces printable STL files with no extra work. It will do common operations like filleting with a couple mouse clicks.

If you want to start easy, start with DSM. If you want to go pro, start with Fusion 360 but be prepared for its learning curve.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
January 07, 2017 06:00PM
i am by far a novice at cad design, but i do get on quite well with FREECAD.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login