Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New info screen for Repetier firmware

Posted by JamesK 
New info screen for Repetier firmware
January 21, 2017 03:21PM
I was a bit taken aback by some recent changes to the info screens in repetier firmware that have left me continually flicking between screens to monitor print progress. I decided to have a go at an info screen that showed me everything I wanted on one screen. I ended up with this:

I haven't used it much yet, but I think it gives me what I want. The top three lines are current temp/target temp and output power for the three heaters. The output power is time smoothed to stop it jumping around so much. With the bigger nozzles I've been using recently it's possible to rate limit because the heater can't keep up with the flow rate, so it's useful to be able to check how hard the heaters are working.

The next line is the part cooling fan speed, with the check box to indicate if the speed is locked (ignoring M106 commands), and the Z position. I like to see Z so that I know if I'm out of the distortion correction region or not.

The fifth line has the flow rate and feed rate multipliers and the last line uses the standard text status/progress output.

I'm new both to the firmware and git, so I'm not planning on trying to submit this back at the moment, but if anyone wants to try it out I've attached a patch against a recent development snapshot (Jan 19 2017). They seem to be changing the UI a lot at the moment, so chances are the manually allocated UIDs will get out of sync pretty quickly, but it's obvious how to update them.
Attachments:
open | download - newInfoPage.patch (5.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login