Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Target Extruder temp and actual tempo exchanged

Posted by slim71 
Target Extruder temp and actual tempo exchanged
February 15, 2017 05:48AM
Hi there,
I'm new to the 3D printing world.
I've just finished my RepRap i3 Rework and I'm now trying to begin printing. While I was calibrating and checking everything, I noticed that in Pronterface there's an error in the temperatures graph when I connect the printer. As I set the temps for the heatbed and the extruder, the "target ex0" line lies on the 0 level, while the "ex0" one is set to about 215 Celsius. So I kinda think that the two are exchanging their tracking, let's say. I recognized that this could be a problem when I'll start printing because it could avoid the "cold extrusion prevented" functionality.
I checked in the firmware (Marlin, by the way) and I don't think it is its fault, but please tell me how to be sure. Anyway, I don't know how to fix this, could you help me please?
Thanks a lot!
Re: Target Extruder temp and actual tempo exchanged
February 15, 2017 02:48PM
target will show 0 until you turn a heater on. The high value for the actual temp indicates either a configuration error for the thermistor type, or a physical problem with the thermistor (a partial short circuit will produce erroneously high readings).
February 15, 2017 03:10PM
Hello again!
So: I was checking to be sure before answering and... confused smiley Well, I remembered that after setting the target temperature for the extruder, the two lines were exchanging their tracking (ex0->target and targetEx0->actual temp) but... As you said, it turns out I was wrong! I don't know how it can be, but apparently I was remembering so wrong. eye popping smiley

Anyway, a part from this.. Yes, it's how you said: it's the Ex0 temp line that is showing about 215 celsius when I connect the printer.
I'll search some information and try to fix it, but just in case you (or someone else, I guess) will be faster: do you have any suggestions?
Thanks a lot!
And... Yeah: I'm kinda sorry of my silly thread! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

EDIT:
Well then! My shame never ends, I guess eye rolling smiley I didn't notice that I had wired the extruder thermistor in the wrong place! Forget about me XD
Thanks again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2017 04:23PM by slim71.
February 16, 2017 07:16AM
We all make mistakes. Some times their to simple for us to see.
Congratulations on fixing it yourself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login