Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Future price of LiFePO4 batteries

Posted by mimarob 
Future price of LiFePO4 batteries
July 25, 2008 09:42AM
Hello!

I just looked around at this batteries in use in EV's and other high-power devices. Looking great!

Although a bit steep in price they have overcome the worst problem with the LiIon batterys, risk of meltdown.

Somewhere I saw stated that the price of Lithium is what defines the price of these accumulators.

Anyone knows how much lithium (by weight) these batteries contain? Is it more or less than other rechargeable Lithium batteries?

I read somewhere that the price of Lithium is currently around $33000 / tonne and has been up as high as $50000 / tonne
Re: Future price of LiFePO4 batteries
July 25, 2008 10:06AM
I feel like I've walked in on a conversation that started weeks ago. Where are you going with this? confused smiley

-------------------------------------------------------

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thomas A. Edison
July 25, 2008 05:49PM
um, yeah...weird...uh, conversation you guys...

Demented
That's about $15 per pound. A 24v 20ah battery weighs 10 pounds. But I believe that weight is made up mostly by two solid doped polyethylene electrolytes. So I really can't see how the high cost of these batteries (hundreds of dolloars) is justified.
August 11, 2008 02:42AM
Mike B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's about $15 per pound. A 24v 20ah battery
> weighs 10 pounds. But I believe that weight is
> made up mostly by two solid doped polyethylene
> electrolytes. So I really can't see how the high
> cost of these batteries (hundreds of dolloars) is
> justified.

Depends on how the doping process is done. And then of course there is greed smiling smiley
September 15, 2008 11:12AM
We company production LiFePO4 Cell and Battery Pack

LiFePO4 Cells :
Volts : 3.2V
Capacity : 10Ah to 200Ah

LiFePO4 Battery Pack :
24v to 96v
10Ah to 200ah

Email: Liangebay@ymail.com

Our Company :

About Hi-POWER~

Shandong Hi-POWER NEW ENERGY CO.LTD. is located in the beautiful Hi-Tech Zone of Zaozhuang in Shandong. With the world-class production equipment, a total investment of 330 million and a floor area of 330 Mu, they try to build Hipower the largest lithium iron phosphate power battery production base in China. And with the entry of some famous experts they have built a strong team which is aimed at the research and development of lithium iron phosphate power battery and have made the production industrialized firstly. The research use lithium iron phosphate as the new generation of anode material in lithium-ion battery was started from the late 1990s. The lithium iron phosphate battery will lead automobile industry to a new green age and replace the lead acid storage battery and nickel-metal hydride battery. "Green home, hi-quality life." that is our aim and ideal; "unity, cooperation, practicality, innovation" is our spirit; "human-oriented, customer and market centered " is our principle; environment-friendly, safe and reliable lithium iron phosphate power battery is our product.
September 15, 2008 12:10PM
Spam from the FUTURE! (or at least 15 time zones ahead of me)
September 15, 2008 12:38PM
How come it only seems like the Chinese companies post on our forums? More people trolling the net for opportunities to pitch a business? Less scruples? Less realization that spam isn't wanted? feh.

Demented
September 16, 2008 12:29AM
Haven't looked in this thread for quite a while!

Forrest, I'm sorry if I annoy you, but it is really hard to find such knowledge about just anything, than on this forum. So its very hard to resist posting questions even if they are far from the reprap machine!

My original thoughts was if this could be the solution to the energy-storage problem at large or if there where some obvious costs prohibiting this (excluding greed ;-)

spam..

Think the chinese are the only ones left with a low-enough labour cost and sufficiently advanced skills to afford breaking in to forums manually!
September 17, 2008 01:24AM
our company battery 85% of export to USA ,Europe ,Asia ...
We batteries got many company recognized .

This is ebay store link :

[shop.ebay.com]
January 05, 2009 10:07AM
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I couldn't resist. The other thing is the Chinese are the ones actually producing 99% of this stuff so it makes more sense for them to spam directly then for some third party buying it from China companies to spam
January 05, 2009 08:59PM
Hey, at least it's relevant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login