Posted by spacexula 
Re: Thingiverse Alternative poll on Reddit
December 02, 2013 07:03AM
Thx for the link to parametricparts Normand,

Didn't know about this one. Impressive.

Serge
June 29, 2015 09:44AM
Yeah, there are a lot of better alternatives of thingiverse.

Just google it,

Bartek

alohasmiling smiley not thingiverse not thingiverse alternative
June 29, 2015 01:22PM
bartek91
Yeah, there are a lot of better alternatives of thingiverse.

Just google it,

Bartek

you just dug up a 2 year old thread.

congrats!
June 29, 2015 04:16PM
thetazzbot

congrats!

If it walks like a spambot, talks like a spambot, and smells like a spambot trying to build up credibility with a simple re-phrase of the subject line on a 2-year-old post.....
June 29, 2015 04:20PM
www.Libre3D.com is still moving along nicely.

Adrian Bowyer or the "Inventor of RepRap" is a board member smiling smiley
June 29, 2015 05:03PM
libre3d
www.Libre3D.com is still moving along nicely.

Adrian Bowyer or the "Inventor of RepRap" is a board member smiling smiley
...and?

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
June 29, 2015 05:18PM
vreihen
thetazzbot

congrats!

If it walks like a spambot, talks like a spambot, and smells like a spambot trying to build up credibility with a simple re-phrase of the subject line on a 2-year-old post.....

SURE, 01010101001001

@thetazzbot

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2015 05:19PM by bartek91.
June 29, 2015 05:37PM
bartek91
vreihen
thetazzbot

congrats!

SURE, 01010101001001

@thetazzbot

thanks
LOL

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
June 15, 2017 12:38PM
There is also Cults. https://cults3d.com

It’s one of the main 3D printing design platform. It’s available in English, Spanish & French. You can download qualitative 3D models that are optimized for 3D printers (personal or professional). Designers can share their designs for free or they can sell their them in order to fund a little bit their hobbies. Makers can also share their prints’ pics and communicate with designers. If you don’t find the 3D model you are looking for, you can ask the team to get an STL on demand. At last, there is an interesting promotions parts, that allows makers to get coupon codes to buy online cheaper 3D printers, filaments, scanners, etc.
If you don’t know already this platform, just take a tour and let me know what you think about it!
June 15, 2017 12:55PM
Cults
There is also Cults. https://cults3d.com

It’s one of the main 3D printing design platform. It’s available in English, Spanish & French. You can download qualitative 3D models that are optimized for 3D printers (personal or professional). Designers can share their designs for free or they can sell their them in order to fund a little bit their hobbies. Makers can also share their prints’ pics and communicate with designers. If you don’t find the 3D model you are looking for, you can ask the team to get an STL on demand. At last, there is an interesting promotions parts, that allows makers to get coupon codes to buy online cheaper 3D printers, filaments, scanners, etc.
If you don’t know already this platform, just take a tour and let me know what you think about it!
Another two year old resurrection. The thing is I have no problems with necromancers if what they are posting adds, and fits, to the conversation of the thread as yours did. Why people get so bent out of shape about that is beyond me.

I will have to check out cults3d.

_______
June 16, 2017 04:51AM
Erased all my (almost 60)files from the Thingiverse servers a few days ago. I've had it with cookie cutters, fidget spinners, phone stands, political rubbish, and most of all parts that can't be printed at all...sad smiley
What I'm looking for is a site hosting more serious technical projects.
But I'm afraid I will not find such a site. Proliferation has already struck hard the 3D-community.
June 17, 2017 03:16PM
chriske
Erased all my (almost 60)files from the Thingiverse servers a few days ago. I've had it with cookie cutters, fidget spinners, phone stands, political rubbish, and most of all parts that can't be printed at all...sad smiley
What I'm looking for is a site hosting more serious technical projects.
But I'm afraid I will not find such a site. Proliferation has already struck hard the 3D-community.
Just like with everything else when the masses has something they invariably ruin it. I know I have never printed anything put parts I design as I don't need more useless junk like bric-a-brac and knick-knacks either. Don't get me wrong there are some seriously nice art work up there that if the right person gets it then does finishing work on it will look amazing but that was never why I had a 3d printer to start with but it has been my biggest gripe about 3d printers and which way it was headed.

What is up on thingiverse doesn't hurt me and it may be a something that someone needs for whatever reason so I live with it. As to you taking down your stuff that seems over the top in a response to seeing spinners, etc... on the site since the items you had up there you just removed from others in the community who may have had a future need for them. Your response was a _!_ to the entire community which is NOT what a reprap is about as we are supposed to help each other. Let the others do what they want as I consider that just static/noise and, as I said, it doesn't hinder me in what I do so why would I remove my designs so I could possibly hurt someone and add to the noise that is fidget spinners, phone stands, etc... since all of my part designs would then be gone. Let there be more like you and that is precisely all that there will be on any site.

_______
March 11, 2021 03:53AM
You can use MyMiniFactory, which has been in existence since 2013. That is a sustainably developed site, starting with carefully selecting and testing the 3D layout choice before opening up to cooperation with even more 3D developers, enabling them to show their ideas openly.

The availability of prints is varied and reasonably priced (approximately 60,000). Except for Thingiverse, MyMiniFactory asserts that each file must transfer a software inspection and be displayed by society before it has published, reducing printing mistakes. Here are some more alternatives.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login