Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need programming help for laser engraver - based on stock marlin 1.1.0-RC8 and RAMPS 1.4

Posted by huhubibi 
Hello all together,

first sorry for my bad english. That is not my main language. But i hope you can understand me.
I build a little laser engraver based on stock marlin 1.1.0-RC8 and RAMPS 1.4 with arduino mega 2560 r3.

Some information:
It has only X and Y axis, working space ca. 400mm x400mm and it works right now.
the laser driver (500mw Laser) is on the D9 port.
everything works but i want to change some things...

I want to change the whole menu and the homeing to endstop-switches to manual homepoint set.
I will delete all Menü points that are not useful. I only need an menu points...

SD card to Start the Jobs and a manual homepoint set.

I will describe that with more details later and i will scribble some drawings.

I hope somebody can help me and spend some time for me.

Thanks a lot!
Ok first i will start with a little question.
On my Smart LCD Display Controller (RepRapDiscount Smart Controller) there is a STOP microswitch. Is it possible to programm that switch to a command like this?

Press Stop Button = M106 S1
Press Stop Button again = M106 S0
Press Stop Button again = M106 S1
Press Stop Button again = M106 S0
... and so on? Like a on/off switch for the laser as an homepoint spot?
Or M107 to turn off the Laser?
An option is, let the x and y min endstop switch do this? X=M106 S1 and Y=M106 S0?

The second question i have...
When i power on my Ramps Mega combo, the Home-Point is set to the actual Laser Position.
Then in the menu it is only possibel to manual drive the x and y axis in positive directions not negative directions.
I want to drive in negative direction too and set a new Point. I won´t use the endstop switches.

Now the third question is...
I want to clean the whole LCD Menu to following Points with no Info Screen:
1. Move X
2. Move Y
3. Set Home Point
4. SD Card

And all the other Informations on the display like X and Y ans Z, Temps, and so on can go away.
Ok an example:
1. I turn on the Laser-Machine
2. The Laser head is actualy in the middle of x and y table (home-pont is set autmaticaly like now))
3. i put some paper on the table
4. i push my STOP button on the LCD Controller Board an the Laser turns with minimum power on with "M106 S1"
5. in the reduced menu (no Info screen) direkt in menu, i press move X
6. i drive the laser - or +45mm on X axis and press it again
7. i switch the menu to move Y and press the button
8. i drive the laser - or +32mm on Y and press the button
9. i push my STOP button again on the LCD Controller Board and the Laser turns off with "M106 S0"
9. i switch the menü to "Set Home Point"
10. i switch to "SD Card" my GCODE File and press the button to start the job
11. after job is done the laser moves back to Home Point

That is all i need for this machine. Is this possible to change the Marlin Firmware to this example?
I hope somebody can help me. Thanks a lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2017 11:07AM by huhubibi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login