Pushing the filament manually when printing new object?
August 21, 2012 05:32AM
Hi guys,
What are your usual steps when printing a new object? Do you push the filament manually to the extruder until you see something coming out? or do you just launch the print?
Many thanks
Re: Pushing the filament manually when printing new object?
August 21, 2012 06:13AM
I have skirt activated in Skeinforge so I just start the print.

Bob Morrison
W├Ârth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
August 21, 2012 06:17AM
i've got a special bit of gcode which homes all the axis's then move the nozzle to the far left back then purges the nozzle then the print starts
August 21, 2012 06:46AM
Thanks guys, do you know how to activate a good skirt or ring around the print on slic3r settings?
August 21, 2012 07:02AM
i recall the setting being in there, it should stand out
August 21, 2012 07:23AM
In Slic3r 0.9.1 it's under "Skirt and brim". You'll get one 'ring around the print' if Skirt Loops is set to 1. You can also set the distance that loop is from the object there.

In general I move the print head to home which positions it a fraction above the print bed. When it heats it doesn't ooze any plastic then. It's so close to the bed it stops it oozing out. I usually start with a single skirt just to get it flowing nicely before it starts in to the main print.

I rarely do a manual extrude. If it has oozed while standing and on I may do a 5 or 10mm manual extrude, just to prime it back up.

[numbersixreprap.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login