Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

compile error-full graphics controller

Posted by Ted62 
compile error-full graphics controller
September 19, 2014 06:09PM
I have just received my Arduino Mega, RAMPS1.4 and clone reprapdiscount full graphics controller.

I've downloaded u8glib-8ddca966b98e.zip but couldn't get Arduino to accept the zip file. I kept getting a message indicating that library that only text letters and numerals were allowed. So I manually extracted the files with 7zip and renamed the parent directory to u8glib. When selecting Sketch - import library, Arduino list u8glib as installed.

I've enabled #define REPRAP_FULL_GRAPHICS_SMART_CONTROLLER in Marlin configuration.h

When I try to compile the program I receive the following error message

u8g.h: no such file or directory.

with about 100 lines of errors listed.

The file is not listed in the files list for marlin

I've checked the file u8g.h is present in the Arduino\libraries\u8glib\csrc directory.

Don't know what to do next so if anyone can suggest where the problem lies I would greatly appreciate it
Re: compile error-full graphics controller
September 21, 2014 08:01AM
The error file gives the following information:

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows XP), Board: "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK"
In file included from /dogm_lcd_implementation.h:38,
from ultralcd.cpp:36:
dogm_font_data_marlin.h:13: error: 'u8g_fntpgm_uint8_t' does not name a type
dogm_font_data_marlin.h:172: error: 'u8g_fntpgm_uint8_t' does not name a type
In file included from /dogm_lcd_implementation.h:40,
from ultralcd.cpp:36:
ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:43: error: 'u8g_t' was not declared in this scope
ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:43: error: 'u8g' was not declared in this scope
ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:43: error: 'u8g_dev_t' was not declared in this scope
ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:43: error: 'dev' was not declared in this scope
ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:43: error: expected primary-expression before 'msg'
ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:43: error: expected primary-expression before 'void'
ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:43: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:44: error: expected ',' or ';' before '{' token

Maybe this will help identify whats wrong.
September 21, 2014 08:27AM
Managed to solve my problem.

In the absence of any other instructions I initially installed the u8glib in the same directory as the marlin directory. WRONG.

As a last resort I tried installing it in the main Arduino library i.e program files > Arduino > libraries. It now compiles correctly and uploads. From the screen display when compiling it seems that marlin is calling files from the arduino library.

So after 3 days sweat tears and cursing problem is now fixed.
November 21, 2015 03:59PM
Thanks for posting some guidance on this.

I tried installing u8glib from the Arduino 1.6.6 library manager and I got the same error. I googled for it and came to this page.

The solution was deleting the installed u8glib from the user installed (My) Documents\Arduino\libraries\ directory and installing u8glib directly from zip. Here is a link to the zip file I used was u8glib v.1.18.1.zip .
August 14, 2017 05:55PM
Adding an include for the U8glib at the top of Marlin.ino cured the complaing about utility\u8g.h not existing. I believe the fault is with the compiler and not with Marlin. That still left a problem with SD support not compiling with IDE 1.83. I finally went back to compiling with IDE 1.06 and compiled without problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 06:04PM by Harvey_S.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login