I'd like to use M25 with Marlin.

I have this sample:

G28
G1 Z2 F1000 
G1 X85.504 Y75.571 F7800
G1 X95.504 F7800
M25 ; pause SD print
G1 X0 Y0 F7800

In Repetier, this pauses the print correctly and waits for me to go on the printer's LCD and resume the print manually.

With Marlin the print just stops instead of pausing, so the nozzle moves to X95.504 Y75.571, then the print stops and I can see the "Print from SD" menu item again. There is no "Resume" or "Stop" on the menu.

Marlin docs say that the command is supported, so why is it behaving like that?
Re: Marlin and M25
September 06, 2017 12:04PM
M25 Requires #define SDSUPPORT enabled

Something here is wrong. My pause and resume work. and has worked in every Marlin Firmware I have used.

However I wish pause worked differently, as it pauses on the print. It would be better if pause sent nozzle off the print to location 0,0,current Z position.
Because by the time you push all the buttons to get to move x or y axis the nozzle has melted top top layer.
I have never actually needed to pause. And they have a change filament which works.

I Think if you wanted to insert some hardware inside a print the Pause would come in handy.
In the slicer software you can tell the slicer to "pause at height". Now this is better because you can "pause at height" insert your hardware and resume print.

And with other plugins and the ability to create your own.

Change bed temp at height
change filament at Z
switch extruder at height with ooze prevention
Pause at Height

ect.....

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2017 12:13PM by Roberts_Clif.
Re: Marlin and M25
September 07, 2017 05:50AM
The more advanced firmwares allow you to define a script to run when you execute M25, and another for when you resume the print.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login