Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Polysmooth without polysher V3

Posted by sungod3k 
Polysmooth without polysher V3
October 05, 2017 09:58PM
I finally got all the parts together and so far it looks very promising.

I made a testprint and sprayed it with ethanol which didnt work and just left a white residue. However submerging the part completely for 10 min gave a good result.

On the top I could still see some layerlines but the walls got smoothed out completely, which looks very good the only thing it that the part is super shiny. It looks like ultra high gloss.
The picture shows the part fresh out of the bath and the shininess didn't go away even after the part was dry.

For some objects that might be good but I wonder how I can treat the part to become more matte/dull?
Also Im interested in applications, has someone maybe tested that for functional/mechanical parts and can share some experiences?
Attachments:
open | download - IMG-20171005-WA0003.jpg (302.5 KB)
Re: Polysmooth without polysher V3
October 11, 2017 04:13PM
I would buy the machine you much better results than dipping in some ethanol. We are currently testing parts for water tightness, tomorrow we will be testing the pressure the prints can take before they leak.

www.andornot.co.uk, selling new products, including smoothie boards and other useful parts for 3D Printers:

AndOrNot buildplate launched, available in 6 inch, 8 inch, 12 inch and 17 inch square introductory discount code "20reprap"
And Or Not Build Plates
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login