Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pressure Regulator in Ramps Board

Posted by swaroop 
Pressure Regulator in Ramps Board
March 03, 2018 04:48AM
Hi to all,

I want to connect pressure regulator (0-5v) to Ramps Board and i want to regulate through G codes. please help

Thanks &regards

Swaroop
Re: Pressure Regulator in Ramps Board
March 03, 2018 06:55AM
You can use M42 to set the voltage on an analogue pin. Look up M42 in gcode list. However the current is very low like 40mA so you need to be cautious not to overload the pin. See how much current the pressure regulator needs to operate. You might want to use a mosfet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 06:55AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
March 03, 2018 07:05AM
Hi Dj,

Thanks for reply. but if i use M42 g code it is not responding like M42 P45 S150 if i give like this it is giving 5v supply to 45 pin. i want as a voltage regulator where i can regulate the pressure by regulating voltage if i give analog input it has to give analog output. please help me

Thanks
Swaroop
March 03, 2018 07:07AM
Try a different pin you need to look up the arduino you are using some have digital and analogue pins. You need to use an analogue pin.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
March 03, 2018 07:26AM
Hi Dj,

I tried with different pins but still the issue is there. i want to get a different voltages when i give different inputs

Thanks
Swaroop
March 03, 2018 07:26AM
What arduino are you using? And what pin?

Simon Khoury

March 03, 2018 07:31AM
hi Dj,

I am using Arduino mega 2560 mated with Ramps Board so when i connected multimeter to the pins in ramps board where i want to get different output with different inputs. there its giving 0v

Thanks
Swaroop
March 03, 2018 07:55AM
Mega should be fine this diagram is the mega:

[goo.gl]

See pins 1-13 they are Pwm pins so you can set output from 0-255 (0-5v) but you have to work out where they go as they pass through to ramps. This is ramps pins diagram:

[reprap.org]

The diagram top left shows which mega pin goes where on ramps.

Good candidates would be D4 on ramps which is pin 4 on mega.

Be aware they are not true analogue output pins they are digital and can be pulsed (pwm) to give the appearance of having a voltage lower than 5v. This might or might not work for your pressure regulator.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 07:57AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

March 05, 2018 07:38AM
Hi Dj,

Thanks for the info.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login