Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotend Problemconfused smiley

Posted by PhiniphoeniX 
Hotend Problemconfused smiley
April 29, 2018 02:13PM
Hello to everyone,
over the course of the last months, I have built my own 3d printer. While running a test print I realized the filament wasn't coming out at all. I have tried moving the pot on the extruder driver because the extruder makes a humming noise when it's trying to push filament through but can't. I have unclogged the hotend about ten times by now and haven't solved anything: when the extruder tries to push the filament it doesn't come out and gets stuck inside the hotend. I'm a bit lost and don't know what to do, does anyone have any suggestions? Is it possible I have to buy a new extruder and/or hotend?
Don't hesitate to ask for more info.
Thanks in advance!

P.S. I have a Bowden setup
Re: Hotend Problemconfused smiley
April 29, 2018 02:22PM
hi,
which hotend you have? you selected the right thermistor in the firmware... configured the Esteps correctly, and run m303 PID Tuning heat the hotend to 200C ,can you easily push filament through the hotend,
April 29, 2018 05:09PM
couple things to check would be can you push filament through the hotend yourself? and does the extruder stepper turn properly with no filament?
April 29, 2018 06:55PM
Another thing to check would also be idler tension and your wiring (i.e. that the stepper cable hasn't come partially free).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login