Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lulzbot Taz6 Homing Crash

Posted by 750magna 
Lulzbot Taz6 Homing Crash
August 29, 2018 09:06PM
I've recently tried to print some parts on our TAZ 6 printer, and the Z homing is not working properly in the starting script. I'm slicing with Simplify3D, but I've also tried Cura for Lulzbot and had the same issue. I'm using the standard startup script, and the issue is with G28 Z. The first G28 homes X and Y successfully, then it executes G1 X-19 Y258 F1000 ; move to safe homing position, and ends up right over the homing switch. After the nozzle warms up it executes G28 Z, which should just move the Z axis down until the nozzle hits the homing switch, but instead, for some reason, it also includes the X and Y axis in the homing sequence again. This moves the nozzle back over the rear bed corner before lowering the Z axis, and crashes it into the bed unless I power off the machine first. I'm not sure why it's doing this, and I've checked over the G code on the SD card to make sure there wasn't an extra line of code or anything else that would cause this movement. Has anyone else had this issue and have you found a way to solve it?
Re: Lulzbot Taz6 Homing Crash
August 30, 2018 05:40AM
Have you updated the firmware? Are you sure you're using the right gcode? I'm not familiar with that printer but on my Frankenstein with a nozzle sensor the process is G28 XY then G29 Z0 to home.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login