Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Got bits what can I build?

Posted by aamcle 
Got bits what can I build?
September 19, 2018 04:08PM
On the assumption that I can ever get it running well enough to print the components for its replacement I'm seriously considering chopping my CTC Replicator 1 clone.

I would have these bits :-

4 x 300mm guide rods and bearings
2 x 420mm guide rods and bearings
1 x dual Mk8 direct print head
1 x 24v power supply
1 x lead screw
3 x Nema 17 steppers.
1 x heated bed

Various belts, end stops, and so on.

The Mightyboard is going in the bin or eBay which is much the same thing, it just makes everything so much more work. Obviously I would be building a small printer so a Ramps board should be enough especial as I have a spare Arduino.

An alternative would be to toss the Mightyboard and replace it with some other 24v compatible board but as I've had to use superglue to stop the Y and Z axis guides rattling in their sockets it's not an option I'm keen on although it would be the cheapest way to go. It might happen... Would I be able to reuse the driver chips currently on the wretched Mightyboard?

Which of the well documented RepRaps do you think would be the best fit with my bits?

Thanks All.

Aamcle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2018 04:09PM by aamcle.
Re: Got bits what can I build?
September 19, 2018 04:16PM
Surely the best thing to make with the bits is one that uses the frame also...you just need bits to fix the bits your not happy with.
September 19, 2018 04:45PM
You may well be right and I should just replace the board.

I've been struggling to get a filament cooling fan running (Sailfish 7.7) and I need it to get decent parts to patch the printer up or to build a replacement, I have a PWM left over from another project so I could use that to control the fan and bypass the main board altogether.

I may try that tomorrow.

Atb. Alan

Ps. The resistor and transistor are there just behind the "extra socket"
September 19, 2018 05:09PM
you dont really need PWM for cold end, so unless its for ABS why bother.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2018 05:09PM by MechaBits.
September 19, 2018 05:18PM
I want to print PLA.

Aamcle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login