Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone know what this material is

Posted by brucehvn 
Anyone know what this material is
October 21, 2018 04:55PM
About a year ago I ordered a silicon heat pad for my printer and it came with a nice aluminum plate to mount it on and this length of some sort of rubberish hose or tubing that I was to cut up and use for the spacers between the heater plate and the mounting surface of my printer. The material works really well and I want to find some more of it, but the seller is gone from eBay.

I've got some photos of it here. It's brownish color with a shiny outside coating, must be resistant to heat and is firm but is able to be squished by the bolts holding the plates together. The hole in the center is about perfect for a M3 bolt. So I'm wondering if anyone here might know what this is so I can look for some more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2018 04:56PM by brucehvn.
VDX
Re: Anyone know what this material is
October 21, 2018 05:01PM
... should be "common" high-temp silicone - have some here in Germany with orange/red colour and continuous heatresistant to 350degC or short time for up to 450 degC.

Here's another type for 300degC continuous - [shop1.r-g.de]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 21, 2018 08:50PM
That is silicone vacuum tubing for automobiles. You can order it in many sizes on eBay.
There is also the printer/kit version that you were seeking : Gulfcoast Robotics
October 21, 2018 09:05PM
Diggrr
That is silicone vacuum tubing for automobiles. You can order it in many sizes on eBay.
There is also the printer/kit version that you were seeking : Gulfcoast Robotics

Great! Thanks Diggrr.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login