Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing HELP!

Posted by librav 
Printing HELP!
September 16, 2012 03:37PM
Trying to print this motor mount. The print starts out OK for about the first 3-5 layers then it starts to become flaky or uneven. I'm using ABS with bed temp 110, head 220. Printing on MK1 with glass. Slic3r is writing the code.
Attachments:
open | download - rsz_2102_1952.jpg (153.8 KB)
open | download - rsz_2102_1949.jpg (158 KB)
Re: Printing HELP!
September 16, 2012 06:24PM
What is your fill ratio? Does it do the same thing with other objects?
September 16, 2012 08:46PM
Fill ratio is .6. It prints fine with larger items. Is it too much heat? Would a fan on the item being printed help?
September 17, 2012 02:06AM
Hey, if you can give me more details, take a youtube video, that would help a lot.

My guess right now is that your layer height = nozzle diameter (.5mm?). You need to reduce to about .3. Your temps also look too low by 10 degreesC and the fill extrusion on perimiters looks to be too much.

What printer, plastic, temp settings, Slic3r version...etc...are you using. This is definetely an optimization problem.

Also, check your bearings or bushing, make sure they are locked in...sometimes that can cause odd parts.

Measure once, Cut twice, Print 3 times.
September 17, 2012 06:44AM
Is your extrusion properly calibrated? This might be caused by a too big 'extrusion multiplier', that is, more plastic is beeing extruded than it should be.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login