Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mirroring effector z height on a delta

Posted by Tierod 
Mirroring effector z height on a delta
January 22, 2019 11:07AM
Im trying to find out if it’s possible to mirror the effector z height on a delta to add a separate z tower.
Searched wilh as many key words as I can think of but no joy. I thought I read a post with this topic but not sure.
I’ll be using a duet wifi with repetier. I need to match z heights exactly to try a type of filament drive system.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,
Rod
Re: Mirroring effector z height on a delta
January 22, 2019 11:42AM
This is a feature that I intend to add to RepRapFirmware for the next major firmware release. What I actually intend to do is to add a 4th "tower". This will allow its height to depend not only on the Z position of the effector, but also on its XY position, thereby allowing the relative height of the extruder to be adjusted to allow for how far the Bowden tube has to travel to reach the XY position of the effector. See [forum.duet3d.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 22, 2019 02:38PM
Thanks for replying Dc42.
That’s good news. I was hoping it would be part of the firmware on the duet.
I’m in the middle of building my next delta so if it’s not a problem, do you have an approximate date for your next release?
I never thought to check your forum, I will from now on.
Thank you,
Rod
January 22, 2019 03:41PM
Release 2.03 will probably be released in March but there will be beta versions in February.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login