Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

General RSS feed for reprappers to submit stories to?

Posted by reece.arnott 
General RSS feed for reprappers to submit stories to?
August 07, 2008 10:44PM
I've just been thinking that a number of things posted to the General forum are links to news stories that we think might be of interest to other reprappers.

Are there enough of them do you think that we should have a dedicated forum/rss feed for them? And, of course, how hard would that be do?

It might be something as simple as those of us with delicious.com accounts tagging things with a specific key and everyone can subscribe to an RSS feed of everything with that tag.

What do you think?
Re: General RSS feed for reprappers to submit stories to?
August 08, 2008 07:15AM
I like it.

Demented
August 08, 2008 11:50AM
Good idea, but I'd rather not have another forum for that (still remember when there were like 20 forums that were all hardly ever used). Using another site like delicious might be the best compromise.
August 11, 2008 06:59PM
OK, I'll start using the tag 'RepRapRelated'.

First up, the talk at The Last Hope Conference called 'Community Fabrication'. The guy doing the talk was involved with Fab@Home but he opened the floor to comments from someone involved with Reprap. It sounded like some interesting comments but you can't really hear them.

You can get the RSS feed from: [feeds.delicious.com]
Or just the list of links from: [delicious.com]
August 12, 2008 02:57AM
Heh, right around 12:50 when he starts talking about "clanking machines" I sorta cringed... nice callout though.

Along that line, it kind of surprised me that he broke down the current offerings into fab@home, reprap, and clanking machines (replicator). I got the same impression when I first read about the various projects a year or two ago, but since then the RepRap trunk and Forrest's take on it have merged in my mind.
August 17, 2008 08:41PM
Just added a talk I gave a couple of weeks ago at the Computer and Information Science seminar series at Otago University (New Zealand) to shop around for a PhD supervisor. The talk covered Reprap's past, present and future and where I want to see it go.

I was a bit nervous so there are a few pauses as I'm searching for simple words and phrases :-)

See what you think.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login