Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual Color - Can't make it work

Posted by jmaurin 
Dual Color - Can't make it work
May 19, 2019 02:31PM
Hi!

I'm trying to setup my custom CoreXY to work with dual color setup (single nozzle), but something is wrong and I could not find what.

I'm using smoothieware and I've setup T0 and T1 in firmware....I can extrude/rectract both extruders using T0/T1 to swtich between extruders, tested using octoprint terminal, everything is working!

I'm using simplify3d and dual color setup/wizard. My toolchange retract distance is 90mm (distance of 'Y' fillament mixer) and this is my toolchange script:

; Start Tool Change
{IF OLDTOOL=1}{IF NEWTOOL=0}G92 E0.0000
{IF OLDTOOL=0}{IF NEWTOOL=1}G92 E0.0000
{IF OLDTOOL=1}{IF NEWTOOL=0}G1 E-[toolchange_retract_distance] F[toolchange_retract_speed]	; retract old tool
{IF OLDTOOL=0}{IF NEWTOOL=1}G1 E-[toolchange_retract_distance] F[toolchange_retract_speed]	; retract old tool
T[new_tool]
{IF OLDTOOL=1}{IF NEWTOOL=0}G1 X[next_position_x] Y[next_position_y] Z[next_position_z] F[travel_speed]
{IF OLDTOOL=0}{IF NEWTOOL=1}G1 X[next_position_x] Y[next_position_y] Z[next_position_z] F[travel_speed]
{IF OLDTOOL=1}{IF NEWTOOL=0}G92 E0.0000
{IF OLDTOOL=0}{IF NEWTOOL=1}G92 E0.0000
{IF OLDTOOL=1}{IF NEWTOOL=0}G1 E[toolchange_prime_distance] F[toolchange_retract_speed]	; un-retract new tool
{IF OLDTOOL=0}{IF NEWTOOL=1}G1 E[toolchange_prime_distance] F[toolchange_retract_speed]	; un-retract new tool
; End Tool Change

This is the model that i'm trying to use/test: [www.thingiverse.com]

That's going on: when print starts, extruder 2 (second color) is retracted 90mm and extruder1 is primed to nozzle, printer starts.
After printing color 1, extruder 1 retracts 90mm and extruder 2 extrude 90mm, then starting printing.......this is ok.
Then, after printing color 2, printer should retract extruder 2 and extrude extruder 1 to print prime pillar......but it doesn't work, extruder 2 never retract! :/
I'm not sure what's going wrong here....
Any tip/help?
Generated code is attached.
Attachments:
open | download - DualColorTest.zip (51.2 KB)
Re: Dual Color - Can't make it work
May 23, 2019 07:08AM
Not an expert but since no one has replied:-
i can't see the code to change the old tool to new and vise-versa.
So at the end of the change code it still uses the same tool.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login