Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Don't buy belts from FYSETC on Aliexpress.

Posted by Dust 
Don't buy belts from FYSETC on Aliexpress.
May 30, 2019 07:45PM
I was looking for belts for a new printer and specifically wanted PU with steel core.

FYSETC advertised such a belt, clearly listening the material as "PU with steel core"

It arrived and didn't feel right, I examined the end of the belts and there is no glint of metal.
I tested with magnets (which stick to other belts of this type fine) and there was no magnetic attraction,

The sale went into dispute.

Sadly Aliexpress deputes process is a picture.. and it looks like a belt!!

So be warned... Don't expect any steel core in your belts from FYSETC
Re: Don't buy belts from FYSETC on Aliexpress.
May 31, 2019 03:36PM
Good to know they don't sell as advertised but I will say that you don't actually want steel core belts with the normal pulleys used for 3d printers. If I remember correctly, you really don't wanna use a pulley with less than 40 teeth for a steel core belt. Most 3d printers either use 20 or 16 tooth belts. So be mindful of that. The smaller diameter causes the steel to snap after a short time do to excessive bending of the metal.
May 31, 2019 07:56PM
Prusa mk2/mk3 uses them with no issues and since im building a mk3 clone...
June 02, 2019 12:35AM
After getting access to a microscope and taking clear photos that show the core is some sort of fibrous material and looks nothing like core of a real steel core belt. Aliexpress has come to the rescue and accepted that the product is not as described.

Sadly I will never get the 3+ hours I've had to waste on this crap back or compensated for.. but its still a win...
June 03, 2019 03:31AM
Dust
Prusa mk2/mk3 uses them with no issues and since im building a mk3 clone...

No, they dont? From where did you get this?
June 03, 2019 03:54AM
From my genuine mk2 belts! straight from Prusa!

It is very obvious from the ends, and you can hang magnets from the belts

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2019 04:01AM by Dust.
June 03, 2019 11:17AM
Okay. Was fairly certain they used regular fiberglass belts. But guess it is true what you say!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login