Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Acceleration during probing ?

Posted by jens53 
Acceleration during probing ?
June 26, 2019 06:59PM
Is there any way of specifying acceleration during probing ?
I am using a piezo probe on a Duet controller and the default acceleration is too fast - it triggers the probe at the start of the probe move.
I just do a G29. The probing works fine in the middle 2/3 of the printer (CR10S5) but when the head gets close to the uprights, the system tightens up and the default acceleration will trigger the probe because of the probe mass (the entire printhead).
I found one suggestion to reduce overall z acceleration but that does not work. The acceleration for probing does it's own thing, independent of maximum Z acceleration set in config.g

Suggestions ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2019 06:59PM by jens53.
Re: Acceleration during probing ?
June 26, 2019 10:55PM
Try the Duet Section.
June 27, 2019 01:07AM
Solved:

Just to follow up, the solution is actually embarrassingly obvious.
The default acceleration profile that is selected in config.g is over ridden in a number of routines so is only accurate when config.g is run. Some of the homing routines for example changed acceleration for the Z axis. A call for a G29 would use whatever acceleration setting was in effect.
The answer is to run an M201 right before the G29 in order to reduce acceleration and this will remain active until overridden by other routines.

Thank you Dust for your comment, I was not aware that there was a special Duet section.
June 27, 2019 03:53PM
Recent RepRapFirmware versions already reduce acceleration during probing moves. So I guess that either this reduction is not enough for your probe, or you are using an older firmware version.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login