Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper motors only goes in 1 direction, heat and sound

Posted by guille_billy 
Stepper motors only goes in 1 direction, heat and sound
July 13, 2019 07:37PM
HI!
Hope you´re well,
I´m new in this forum, so if I´m not cumplying any policym please let me know.
The problem is that my stepper motors are only going 1 way, and when I tried to move them manually start whistling (sounds like *piiiip*), the heat a lot and the axis of the motor gets strong (I can not rotate them with hands)
Is not my first time using marling, in the past I fixed changing this configuration to "true":

#define DISABLE_X false
#define DISABLE_Y false
#define DISABLE_Z false

Please, I changed the RAMP, all the A4988, the wiring so I´m sure that the cause is the Marlin´s configuration. Or maybe the repetier host configuration, but I didn´t find where could be the error.
Do you think can help me with that?

Thanks in advance,
VDX
Re: Stepper motors only goes in 1 direction, heat and sound
July 14, 2019 04:28AM
... some suggestions:

- "hot motors" => reduce the motor current
- "beeping" => reduce the speed
- "one-way" => change/correct the endstop settings ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 14, 2019 05:03AM
By the way, it's normal for the motors to 'hold' after a move. As VDX suggested, speed may be too high, and make sure your steps/mm are set correctly. Did you also add jumpers when you swapped to another Ramps board?

If you didn't install the three jumpers underneath the stepper drivers that can also cause issues.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
July 14, 2019 03:36PM
If your motors go in one direction only - usually it is a sign that you did not connect endstops to your board yet. You may need to use jumpers on endstop pins or change false to true in:
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login