Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hypercube build problems

Posted by Con-1025 
Hypercube build problems
September 05, 2019 02:03PM
I've been working on a hypercube 3D printer for a little while now and I have many problems, I have a ramps 1.4 sheild with an arduino. I have 2 z axis motors. and a full graphic smart controller from ZYLtech.

My first problem is that the display doesn't turn on unless I have the USB plugged in, as soon as I unplug it the display turns off. also the display gets significantly dimmer when the 12v power is turned on.

My second problem is that the motors do not spin at all, I have tried the ldc control, Pronterface , and uploading G code. When I tell them to move the display says that they changed position, but they never moved.

My third problem is that the endstops only recieve power when the USB is plugged in, just like the display.

Hopefully I gave enough information for some advice!
Re: Hypercube build problems
September 05, 2019 02:28PM
The display and endstops problems are likely because the 5V regulator on the Arduino board is blown- an extremely common problem, especially if you use a full graphic control panel. The board can't dissipate the heat and the regulator burns up. When you plug in USB the board gets 5V from the USB port on the computer. You can replace the 5V regulator with a 3 terminal TO-220 part and put a heatsink on it. Direct a small fan at the board to cool the motor drivers, 5V regulator, and MOSFETs.

If you wire the endstops incorrectly, you can short the 5V so be careful.

Check the config files and make sure that steps/mm is set approximately right for your machine and that you're using reasonable acceleration (try 1000 to start), and that speed for default moves isn't set to a ridiculous number (try 50 mm/sec to start). Make sure it's configired for corexy kinematics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2019 02:29PM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login