Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I've just had one of THOSE days!

Posted by David J 
I've just had one of THOSE days!
October 06, 2019 06:59AM
I've just had one of those "D'oh!" moments...

I decided that I wanted to make a small object in nice yellow PLA, so I grabbed the reel and mounted it on my CoreXY printer (my goto printer for most jobs). Set up the model - and it just wouldn't print. The first layer kept getting unstuck from the bed, no matter what I did with it (cleaned it, resprayed with hairspray, and so on), After wasting a ridiculous amount of time I decided to give up with the CoreXY (which can be fussy sometimes) and dragged out my slow-but-reliable Prusa clone. Still had problems with the first layers, but eventually managed to finish the print - which was a mess, with splitting layers and generally looking scruffy.

Sat and scratched my head for a while, then thought "splitting layers... not sticking to the bed..." - yep, I'd picked up a reel of yellow ABS instead of PLA as intended. angry smiley

That was a couple of hours wasted... sigh...
Re: I've just had one of THOSE days!
October 06, 2019 08:09AM
I once forgot the buildplate and didn’t notice it until i had recalibrated the height to print on the magnetic base sad smiley

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
Re: I've just had one of THOSE days!
October 06, 2019 08:14AM
Now if I had a day so good that I had only wasted a couple of hours I would regard it as a really good day. Come to think of it, if I had a week so good that I had only wasted a couple of days -- or a month so good that .....
Still, I guess that is 3D printing!!!
eye rolling smiley

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login