Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tronxy 5SA...good/bad?

Posted by hobbymods 
Tronxy 5SA...good/bad?
January 07, 2020 12:01AM
Hi All,

I've still yet to complete a corexy printer...ran out of money/time/interest, plus I have a very good cartesian printer that seems to want to pass the million kg of filament mark. Just never stops or fails.

But now I want a bigger machine and still have a mountain of bits from an unfinished project, and I'm looking at one of these as a kit to upgrade (I'm well aware of the issues and upgrades needed for this printer):

[www.aliexpress.com]

This doesn't appear to be the Tronxy store, and it's much cheaper...anyone bought one here??

Like I mentioned before, I'm well aware of these being a bit of a cheapy and would definitely be buying it as a kit to build upon. I'm hoping to use it as a big open PLA/PETG machine, as I've got a very hot and enclosed printer for the ABS etc parts.

I actually have here some brand new Bondtech extruders (both a QR and a BMG) as well as a genuine S3D V6 hot end, so I'm tossing up about whether to go direct drive or bowden. My thoughts are that I might go a bowden setup with the Bondtech QR and S3D V6, just because it's on v slot not precision rails and I won't be doing any really high temp work. Still, I'm open for suggestions.

Would love to get some feedback on this printer and seller before I pull the trigger, but a 330AUD (I'll assume they'll hit me with 10% GST on top of that) it's over 100 bucks less than the tronxy store!

As I want to do a bit of work setting up the gantry, I really need it to be the latest version with the new pulleys etc...no Paypal with these guys, so if the old version comes I'm probably out of luck.

Please tell me you thoughts, and thanks in advance for any advice.
Re: Tronxy 5SA...good/bad?
January 07, 2020 10:38PM
Oh well, never mind.

I pulled the trigger and got it for $360AUD delivered.

Hopefully the new/latest version shows up!
Re: Tronxy 5SA...good/bad?
January 08, 2020 09:32AM
Why not look into a MPCNC or MP3DP, I build my with little cash and some spare parts that were accumulated for My 3D Printer.

[www.v1engineering.com]
[www.v1engineering.com]

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login