Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

600 bulks in my hands now,looking for a reliable FDM 3D printers, any recommanded?

Posted by Creality3d 
600 bulks in my hands now,looking for a reliable FDM 3D printers, any recommanded?
February 11, 2020 03:29AM
Good day, I’m an ordinary junior from Nigeria. Due to the needs of university courses, I plan to purchase an FDM3D printer recently, but my budget is not very sufficient, only $ 600. Friends around me recommend me to buy FlashForge Dreamer XY, until A few days ago I learned from the news of a blockbuster. Creality is about to launch an FDM3D printer in February. It's said that it is an ivory white printer with a closed structure.
Now,could anyone tell me which one should I choose?Or does anyone have a better recommanded?
Re: 600 bulks in my hands now,looking for a reliable FDM 3D printers, any recommanded?
February 11, 2020 03:47AM
There is always a 'newer' 'better' printer about to be released somewhere... If you worry about that, you will wait till the sun goes dark before making a decision

It sounds like you just want to print so I recommend to avoid full kits.

Also avoid anything with an acrylic as structural components.

I would go for a Original Prusa MINI for reliability. Not some dubious clone. If the build size is large enough.
Re: 600 bulks in my hands now,looking for a reliable FDM 3D printers, any recommanded?
February 11, 2020 12:43PM
I agree with everything Dust said.

You can get cheap kits for much less than $600 from AliExpress. If you're lucky, you'll get a good one, but you will probably spend a lot of time tweaking (and money for parts) to get it to work, and it may never be really reliable. OTOH, you'll learn a lot about how they work.

But, rather than just buying a printer, think about what you want to make, especially how big and how many colours. Then go looking for a printer than meets your requirements.
February 11, 2020 03:48PM
To miss out on the fun of designing & building a 3D Printer is possibly the best bit(would be interested in what course you are doing), though it's easier if you have a cheap one to help, the new creality may be just like the last cube but with panels.
Thanks! The prusa mini is a nice, a lot of friends around me are using it, but I feel that his print size is a bit too small, I wonder if I can print a model of the robot?
Thanks for your reply!As I mentioned in the article, I bought the printer for the needs of college courses. I may use it to print some sophisticated robot models in the future. Do you have any recommendations?
thumbs up

LOL, You turned a question of help into a question of philosophy
February 17, 2020 03:45AM
As has been pointed out to me, about my first comment it was meant as a joke, and I meant to type 'Which'....so dont be put off by me, glad to see you back. The reason I was asking what your studying is because if it was design, I think the best thing or the first thing any design course should teach is building your own 3D printer, or any other useful devices(or they should have them to use), I realize some people have more money than sense, or they just want to save time because it's valuable...but so is the knowledge of building. You may be more interested in the things the printer can make you, I find the things I want to make with a 3D printer limited, but I suppose that's just my lack of imagination....though i did fix my loo flush with it the other week.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2020 04:17AM by MechaBits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login