Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Who Has Built an Ecksbot? winking smiley It looks CLEAN

Posted by Idolcrasher 
Re: Who Has Built an Ecksbot? winking smiley It looks CLEAN
November 12, 2012 02:36PM
I had to make sure that my bed could clear the support bars in the front and back so that I could get the full movement in the y-axis.

FabberForge - Printing Happiness

[www.fabberforge.com]
November 12, 2012 04:06PM
Looking good, idolcrasher. Unless you've have made the PCB bed that high off the top bed to fit large bulldog clips under it, you could probably lose one or two nuts between them and get even more Z height!

Also, without springs under the bed, you don't have anything to save the glass/PCB if your Z axis goes awry, and descends below the endstop. The nozzle will crash into the bed, and either the glass and/or PCB will get broken, or the nuts on the Z axis will unscrew out of the bottom of the x-ends, and you'll have to re level everything. I think you have a smaller size z-rod, so you'll have to edit it, but fitting z-isolators like [www.thingiverse.com] saves this! And doesn't transmit wobble to the X axis from the Z axis, which is a huge bonus for most people.
November 14, 2012 12:19AM
The nuts on my z-spindles are not physically bound in the z direction and are pressure held with a spring. Upon collision Wit the bed, the whole x axis pushes up against the z-springs -and hopefully not breaking the glass smiling smiley

I dig the spring get ups, my Huxley has one. I figured I would try the Prusa V2 / i3 style bed

The z-spindle support parts look interesting. Are they worth the effort?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2012 12:23AM by Idolcrasher.
November 15, 2012 05:10PM
hey, how do you level the hotbed if you are not using springs?
November 15, 2012 05:19PM
Yes my thoughts too, unless the bed is absolutely perfect (yeah right) you will need to adjust the front corners at least. You can get away with the back two being fixed as this can be adjusted using the lead screws but best to have them all around.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
November 16, 2012 09:19PM
I used washers to level my Prusa2 bed front and back. You don't need springs.
November 16, 2012 09:52PM
brnrd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I used washers to level my Prusa2 bed front and
> back. You don't need springs.

Those were my exact thoughts smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2012 11:58PM by Idolcrasher.
November 16, 2012 10:34PM
Wow. I suppose in theory it shouldn't change so with thin enough washers - like shims - you could set it up perfectly.
I find with my V2 Prusa that even moving it across the room requires a recalibration

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
November 17, 2012 12:00AM
Mirror bed from RepRap.me winking smiley

FabberForge - Printing Happiness

[www.fabberforge.com]
November 17, 2012 05:03PM
The bed is much easier to level If you use fully threaded mounting bolts. You can anchor the head of the bolt to the bed with a nut and then use the carriage mounting nuts to level it.

Attachments:
open | download - Ymount.jpg (202.4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login