Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rumba32 issues

Posted by Bartje64 
Rumba32 issues
April 26, 2020 10:20AM
I've decided to upgrade my printer electronics from the Rumba (8bit) to the Rumba32. Boards are size / layout wise identical and would make for an easy swap.

Using Marlin 2.0 flavor and PlatformI0, the code compiled without any errors and uploaded no issues....and that's where it ended.(FYI software is all the latest versions)
When connecting via USB (Repetier Host), the connection would break after a few seconds.

After re-checking everything and much trail and error I disabled the watchdog function in Marlin2.0 and recompiled/uploaded.
Low and behold the connection is now stable. I can send the M503 to it and it comes back with all the pertinent data.
However the probe and bed temp show 0 degrees.

So back to Marlin and set the "dummy" values for the temp sensors. Temp Sense 0 = 998, Bed temp sensor =999.
Theses settings should provide dummy temp values of 25C and 100C.
After recompiling and uploading, nothing changed...displayed(printed) temps are still at probe = 0, Bed = 0.

For a test, I selected a "Due" and Ramps flavor board and recompiled (All other settings remained the same, but the watchdog was re-enabled)
After uploading and connecting with Repetier Host, temp data is now displayed with the dummy values.

This leads me to believe there is an error somewhere, but I do not know where to look.
Has anyone here run into a similar problem? Found a solution?
BTW both Rumba32 boards I have exhibit the identical behaviour which leads me to believe it is not board/hardware related?..
Re: Rumba32 issues
April 28, 2020 05:24PM
After a lot of searching and scouring the net, the problem was related to the STM32 Core Version installed with PlatformIO

Although 1.8.0 Is the latest (and was installed) this caused the board to "freeze" for lack of better terms and lose it's USB connection.

By disabling the watchdog function, communication was restored but still no temp readings.
The interrupts are not working for the temperature sensing.
This was also the reason why I would get 0C degree temp readings even though the dummy values were set and the watchdog was disabled.

Reverting back to Core Version 1.7.0 solved the problem (for me anyways).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login