Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PT100 is NOT working :333

Posted by Kayou 
PT100 is NOT working :333
May 20, 2020 06:04AM
Hi everyone ! I don't really know if i'm on the right topic, if not please move it x)

Ok, I'm encountering an issue with the PT100 sensor on my 3D printer. The issue is simple, I CAN'T get it work, even on another board sad smiley

I tried everything, changing the pin (which didn't solved my problem), checking the wires, re-configuring Marlin etc. Nothing ended up in a good result...

I checked the E3D documentation, and tried almost everything. I'm using a MKS SGEN L board, so I figured out that the only auxiliary PIN was P0.16. So I switched the PIN in Marlin inside the pin.h file. I changed the value from 5 to 20 in the configuration.h file. Hooked up my PT100 sensor with the Amplifier board, checked the connection of the wire (5V to 5V, signal to Signal and GND to GND) and... Nothing.

Then, I was wondering If my board wasn't compatible. So I recovered my old MKS GEN L board. then I chosen several pin, such as the A9 or the A11 (on the AUX-2), checked again the wires etc, and... Yup, you've guessed, Nothing happened again, it only read 0.

I think that the problem is me because this is my first time that I'm experimenting with this type of thermistor, but I REALLY need a tip to help me fix the issue, I would really like to use my printer again haha.

I'm going to send you my configuration.h file for both my MKS SGEN L and my MKS GEN L board. Hope this will help you to find a solution smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - pins_RAMPS.h (15.9 KB)
open | download - pins_MKS_SGEN_L.h (10.8 KB)
open | download - Configuration - MKS GEN L.h (72.1 KB)
open | download - Configuration - MKS SGEN L.h (80.6 KB)
Re: PT100 is NOT working :333
June 07, 2020 09:32PM
If you have a voltmeter, measure the output of the sensor - the signal wire you plug into the controller board.

This voltage correlates to temperature. Search the web for the temp-to-voltage plot for PT100.

Now, with the probe in your hand (removed from the heater block so it has faster response times), watch the voltage change.

If it's where it should be, suspect your Marlin config for the board, or the board.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login