Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hot smileyInterfacing KS0108 based LCD with Marlin

Posted by Mallikarjun 
hot smileyInterfacing KS0108 based LCD with Marlin
June 16, 2020 07:51AM
Hi,
How do i Connect a KS0108 controller based full graphic LCD to RAMPS board and configure the Marlin firmware to make it work.
The LCD which i am referring to is this one in the link [www.jhdlcd.com.cn]
This is the Data sheet : [www.jhdlcd.com.cn]

I have removed the LCD from the Rep rap Full Graphics Smart Controller (RFGSC) and extended the pins with a 20 pin JST connector so that i can mount the display on the printer frame and access the SD card externally.
The setup worked for a few days but i accidentally fried the LCD along with all other drivers by placing one of the A4988 Stepper driver wrongly.
I immediately replaced all the Stepper drivers and purchased a new LCD and found out that i got a KS0108 Type LCD insted of the stock ST7920 (the shopkeeper didnt accept a return or replacement).
Thus i am now left with one choise of interfacing KS0108 LCD to Ramps board (more specifically through the 20 pin JST cable that i have extended from RFGSC as shown in the attachment)

Please Help.
Thank you
Attachments:
open | download - LCD Data sheet.pdf (239.4 KB)
open | download - LCD Front View.jpg (89.5 KB)
open | download - LCD Back View.JPG (96.8 KB)
open | download - Modded Reprap Ful Grapics Smart Controller.jpg (934.7 KB)
Re: hot smileyInterfacing KS0108 based LCD with Marlin
June 16, 2020 06:43PM
Man, you have no idea what your asking.

the data sheet is short about 100 pages.

This would take about a month to do if you know what your doing.
I'm am presuming it has a SPI mode... which it may not do... datasheat doesn't say anything.
All examples I see look like its a 8bit data bus... not the way marlin does things

sell it on ebay and get the correct one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2020 07:03PM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login