Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

depth in single strike "handwriting" fonts

Posted by sungod3k 
depth in single strike "handwriting" fonts
August 16, 2020 12:14PM
Hi,

since i had managed to get a cutter-tool on my printer the next logical step was a pen.
So I have been drawing some neat line-art drawings over the weekend.

Then my eye turned to writing, so I looked up some single stroke fonts. After some searching I found a good method by using the HershyText plugin for inkscape, but I wonder if its possible to directly use single stroke font as a standard font.
There are true single line fonts out there in .svg format, but wouldnt it be much easiert to have a normal .ttf font just be single stroke?

Anyway, what I wanted to ask is how to give my writing some depth.
Gcode generators like a gcodetools already can give depth to cnc carving by reading gray scales. Sometimes text is carved with a V-bit, but i havent found a way to generate gecode like that, any ideas?
VDX
Re: depth in single strike "handwriting" fonts
August 16, 2020 12:36PM
... ttf-fonts are double-lined, even ift they "looks" single-lined -- it's simply their definition/construction as "closed contours" eye rolling smiley

But this "double-lines" could give you even this "v-carve-depth", if you mill the outlines with a v-shaped millbit and the area outside the fonts with a normal flute ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2020 12:38PM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login