Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

......Help..... X axis and extruder not working

Posted by A.M.Taha 
......Help..... X axis and extruder not working
February 14, 2021 12:35PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to all this stuff and making 3Dprinter for the first time so I just followed the instructions without any change and made printer using Ramps1.4 and Marlin Firmware. The Y axis and Z axis are working properly without problem but the extruder and X axis don't work at all like they're not receiving any power. I tested the motors and the drivers they're all OK then I uploaded Marlin again but didn't solve it. Don't blame me for this cause I'm just a beginner
Re: ......Help..... X axis and extruder not working
February 14, 2021 02:46PM
Swap X and Y(or Z) wires to verify X motor and wiring.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2021 02:47PM by etfrench.
February 17, 2021 02:18AM
Well I know which motor is for X axis and I'm sure that I wired everything correctly. also sure that driver is OK . but still X axis motor and extruder aren't working like they're not receiving any power . When I remove the jumpers ( 3 tiny black pieces in middle of the driver socket) just the X axis motor moves a bit but not how it's supposed to be and the extruder still doesn't move . Do you think that it is a coding mistake in marlin causing this or the board is broken?
VDX
February 17, 2021 02:25AM
... swap the drivers to check, if they're OK -- then recheck the pin assignment, and measure the voltage changing, if the STEP and DIR pins are emitting signals.

Then check, if you have set an eventual ENABLE pin to the correct voltage (either GND or high level - could be +5V or +3.3V, depending on µC type) ...

*** EDIT *** -- the 3 jumpers sets the microstepping -- if this changes something, check the steps per turn/mm setting, if it's in a sound range ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2021 02:26AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 17, 2021 02:25AM
Use the ramps test firmware [reprap.org]
It moves all steppers back and forward and turns on/off all mosfets
over and over forever.

NB it doesn't care about endstops or temperatures, make sure to disconnect heaters and remove filament from ectruders

no configuring, no changes needed

If it still doesn't move it is a hardware issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2021 02:28AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login