Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Time to test.

Posted by Gibbedy 
Time to test.
October 19, 2012 04:49AM
Hello all.

I have just finished building my prusa mendel and am ready to start testing.
I'm using ramps 1.4 Atmega 1280.

My problem is after loading the firmware (ErikZalm-Marlin-v1.0.0.RC2-0-g27f595a) my X axis opto endstop will not pull the input high. The endstop works if swapped to another input.

When I connect with pronterface I get:

Connecting...
start
Printer is now online.
echo:Marlin: 1.0.0 RC2
echo:Configuration.h: 2012-02-25 | Author: erik
echo:Free Memory:4889 PlannerBufferBytes:1168
echo:Using Default settings:
Error:
: Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered !
Errortongue sticking out smileyrinter halted. kill() called !!

Can someone confirm I'm using the right firmware?
I've tried UltiMachineRAMPS1-4Sprinter but I get compile errors with arduino so not sure what's going on there.

Thanks.
Re: Time to test.
October 19, 2012 07:13AM
That looks like a temp error to me ... have you got the thermistors attached? I think maxtemp implies the pins are shorted and mintemp implies theyre open circuit.

You can use the Gcode M119 to report the endstop statuses, this should help you debug the endstop switches without having the move the motors in the meantime.

As to the firmware, its the one I use on a Ramps1.3 and Mega2560, so it should work.
October 20, 2012 12:13AM
Thermistors tested ok. I surched around and found the solution to getting UltiMachineRAMPS1-4Sprinter firmware working. I had to change 4 source files and it compiled and works. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon.
April 16, 2013 12:06PM
hey gibbedy!

may i ask what you change in the firmware to solve this problem. thanks
April 16, 2013 12:18PM
The proper fix is to configure the temperature sensor properly. Thats usually a matter of selecting the appropriate thermistor table, but the exact fix depends on your set up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login